The Greens have a vision of Sydney’s Inner West:
- Ecologically sustainable – low carbon footprint, more native trees in our streets, solar power, rainwater tanks, clean air and clean waterways.
- People friendly streets – end the domination of the car and traffic congestion, invest in public transport, better bicycle infrastructure, encourage walking, reduce aicraft noise by moving Sydney Airport.
- Vibrant & diverse community – encourage multiculturalism, maximise public space, put on community festivals, invest in libraries, child care, aged care and other community services.
- Peace and safety – discourage alcohol consumption and gambling, encourage youth into creative endeavours, avoid draconian policing methods and protect civil liberties.
- Creative & green economy – policies to encoruage the creative, artistic and green industries to work in the Inner West and provide interesting quality jobs for local people.
- Community driven decision making – work to create pathways to empower the community to be involved in decisions that will affect their lives.
Stopping Climate Change: The Greens are working on Marrickville Council to lower Council’s emissions and assist local residents and businesses to lower their emissions.
Greening Marrickville: The Greens are working to increase the tree canopy in Marrickville, and are encouraging residents to plant verges with native shrubs and ground cover.
Creating People friendly Streets: The Greens are working to make our streets more people friendly by making our streets more people friendly by prioritising pedestrians and cyclists over motor cars.
Promoting cycling: The Greens are working towards making Marrickville an ideal place for cycling by investing in bicycle infrastructure and through community education